Friday, April 30, 2010

HAMSTER PLEASE

















Art found this on his pillow the other night. I had a pretty good idea what it was about but had not read it yet. Earlier in the day, out of the blue, Sara wanted to know if she could have a hamster. So, we talked a bit about it and i told her that she would need to convince her Dad and that it would not be easy. I gave her a few tips of how she might approach her father about it - like asking him to just listen to what she has to say and don't respond until he thinks about it first. Instead of talking to him about it, she decided it would be better to write a letter. Anyway, here is what she wrote:

Dad,
I want a hamster.
(why ask when you can demand)

I will listen to you and do whatever you tell me to do like clean my room or something I'll do that till you think I can get one.
(ummm.... so what happens after you get the hamster - you stop cleaning and doing chores altogether?)

Take 3 or 4 days to think. Do we have a deal
(She really means, answer me now and say "YES")


Needless to say, there is no hamster in her immediate future!

No comments:

Post a Comment